I-74 Iowa-Illinois Bridge Corridor is under development to improve traffic flow and mobility along the Interstate 74 corridor, and provide a functional and aesthetically pleasing bridge improvement across the Mississippi River. The project is a joint effort of the Iowa Department of Transportation and Illinois Department of Transportation, in cooperation with other agencies and officials.
Purpose of the I-74 Bridge Corridor Project is to:
- Improve Safety (to Reduce Crashes)
- Update Corridor Design and Improve Condition
- Improve Traffic Flow
- Improve Dependability of Travel (Travel Time, and Average Speed Through Corridor)
- Improve Opportunities for Other Modes of Transportation
- Enhance Opportunities for Economic Development
Shown below is a general timeline for a project of the scope of the I-74 Corridor improvement. Currently the final design is nearing completion.